All Coalition Clinics
- Children's Community Clinic
- Health Centers of UWS
- Mercy & Wisdom Community Health Clinic
- Multnomah County Health Department
- NARA Indian Health Clinic
- National College of Natural Medicine Community Clinics
- North By Northeast Community Health Center
- OHSU Family Medicine at Richmond
- Old Town Clinic
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Outside In Medical Clinic
- PACS Health Clinic
- Rosewood Family Health Center
- Southwest Community Health Center
- The Wallace Medical Concern
Wallace Medical Concern
We provide affordable primary and urgent medical services for thousands of Portland and Gresham residents who have no insurance or face other barriers to care. Our dedicated team of over 300 volunteer doctors, nurses and other medical professionals assures that our patients receive the finest care, delivered with respect and compassion.
124 NE 181st Suite 120
Portland, OR 97230 (see bottom of page for additional clinic addresses)
Location Map: View Map
Type of Care Provided
- Allopathic (Traditional Western Medicine)
- General Medical Care
Wallace Medical Concern's clinics are staffed by volunteer health professionals. We are currently in need of the following volunteers for our Gresham location: *MD/DOs (internal medicine, emergency medicine, family practice, pediatrics, ophthalmologists) and *Nurse Practitioners (Adult, Family and Pediatric)
Volunteering at Wallace is fun and rewarding! If you are interested in volunteering please call Cecily Peterson at (503) 489-1760 x 13 or email CecilyP@wallacemedical.org
We are especially in need of the following volunteer providers:
*Dermatologists: Dermatologists needed to volunteer Thursdays in downtown Portland. Help us keep dermatological care out of the emergency room! Volunteer as little as once a year to see patients for Basal cell carcinoma, severe psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and other common and not so common skin problems.
*Podiatrists: Podiatrists needed for our Gresham and downtown clinic. We commonly see patients for ingrown toenails, callous and nail debridement, heel pain and plantar warts. We ask podiatrists to make a minimum commitment of 2 volunteer shifts a year.
Would you like to join our outstanding volunteer team? Please call Cecily Peterson at (503) 489-1760 x 13 or email CecilyP@wallacemedical.org
Taking New Patients?
Yes. We are accepting new patients for all services. Call for more information.
Obtaining Medical Care at this Clinic
Please call the number listed above.
- FPL must be at or below 200% What is FPL?
- All resident locations accepted.
Proof of Eligibility
- Income verification
- Sliding Scale
- Medical Visits:$25-$45 depending on monthly gross income level.
- Chiropractic Care:$25-$45 depending on monthly gross income. $5 for follow-ups
- We welcome anyone who is uninsured and needs the type of care we provide.
- Insured patients: CareOregon, OHP (open card), Healthy Kids, FamilyCare and LifeWise.
Interpretation Available for:
Clinic Schedules – Obtaining Appointments
Hours of Operation
- Monday 9AM-4PM and 6PM-9PM (Rockwood location)
- Tuesday 9AM-4PM
- Wednesday 9-4PM and 6PM-9PM(Rockwood location)
- Thursday 9-4PM and 6PM-9PM(Downtown location)
- Friday 9AM-12PM
- Call for appointment if you wish to be seen.
- Walk-In Appointments Available? Call first. We accept walk-ins on a case by case basis, show up between 6:30 and 7pm to be considered for downtown services(Thursday night ONLY) and between 6:30pm and 7pm for Rockwood (Mondays and Wednesdays ONLY).
- Screening Appointments: When patient call for appointment, we screen for: age, income level and type of care needed.
- Wait Time To Be Seen
- Could wait between 1-2 hours depending on the flow of the clinic.
- Rockwood Clinic - Blue Line MAX (exit at 181st Ave Station) AND Bus #25 to Rockwood
- Downtown Clinic - All MAX Lines (exit at Skidmore Fountain and walk up Burnside) and bus #20 Burnside.
- Mobile Van at # social service agengies per week, MAX, #9 Bus and #20
Specific Services Available
Medical Service Types
- Acute Care
- Women's Health
Chronic Disease Treatment
- Back Pain Chiropractic Care only
- Chronic Pain Chiropractic Care only
- Diabetes Program PODER
- On-going Skin Condition Dermatology
- OHP Enrollment Healthy Kids Enrollment
- Referral Resources
- Interpretation available for Spanish (all sites) Russian or Ukrainian (some sites).
- Medication assistance available for clinic patients.
- Referrals for specialty medical services(if available) for clinic patients.
Wallace Clinic Locations
Appointment information and scheduling
- 503-489-1760 ext 28
124 NE 181st
Portland, OR 97230
Clinic hours: Monday and Wednesday evenings
Rockwood Chiropractic Clinic
124 NE 181st
Portland, OR 97230
Clinic hours: A.M hours: Monday (P.M also available), Wednesday, Friday
Mobile Medical Van
Clinic hours: Monday through Thursday 9-3:30, Friday 9-12
33 NW Broadway
Portland OR 97209
Clinic Hours: Thursday evenings