All Coalition Clinics
- Children's Community Clinic
- Health Centers of UWS
- Mercy & Wisdom Community Health Clinic
- Multnomah County Health Department
- NARA Indian Health Clinic
- National College of Natural Medicine Community Clinics
- North By Northeast Community Health Center
- OHSU Family Medicine at Richmond
- Old Town Clinic
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Outside In Medical Clinic
- PACS Health Clinic
- Rosewood Family Health Center
- Southwest Community Health Center
- The Wallace Medical Concern
Outside In Medical Clinic
Outside In helps homeless youth and other marginalized people move towards improved health and self-sufficiency.
1132 SW 13th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205
Location Map: View Map
Type of Care Provided
- Allopathic (Traditional Western Medicine)
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (Herbal Medicine)
- Tattoo Removal
Clinicians: Outside In is recruiting Medical Doctors, Naturopathic Doctors, Doctors of Osteopathy and Nurse Practitioners to volunteer at our Trans Clinic and Medical Doctors, Naturopathic Doctors, Doctors of Osteopathy, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses to help at Project Erase, our tattoo removal program. The focus of Project Erase is to help youth who have been involved with gangs, homelessness, substance abuse or criminal activity make positive changes in their lives by removing tattoos. Non-Clinicians: Opportunities to work at our front desk, with our providers supporting patient care, in the referrals program, assisting clients with SSI/SSDI eligibility claims, interning with operational administration in healthcare, and more. For more information and to complete a Medical Professional Volunteer Application, please go to http://www.outsidein.org/volunteer.htm
Taking New Patients?
Yes. At this time, Outside In Clinic is accepting patients under 25 who are experiencing homelessness and patients with Care Oregon, Family Care, and Medicare insurance. The tattoo removal clinic is open to new clients. The Trans clinic is only accepting new patients who are youth accessing services in the Homeless Youth Continuum.
Obtaining Medical Care at this Clinic
Please call the number listed above.
- All resident locations accepted.
Proof of Eligibility
- Not required, but birth certificate, photo ID and/or passport are requested if available.
- Sliding Scale
- Flat fee based on FPL. There is a $10 minimum fee for anyone over 21. No one will be refused services if they cannot pay.
- Acupuncture sliding scale with $10 minimum fee.
- Tattoo removal has $25 minimum fee per removal session.
- Experiencing homelessness (regardless of age)
- Individuals 29 and under (regardless of housing)
- Injection Drug Users (IDU's), Urban Day Laborers, Sex Workers
- Monolingual Spanish speakers meeting any of the criteria above
Interpretation Available for:
- all languages available over phone interpretation, Spanish is available by on-site interpreter
Clinic Schedules – Obtaining Appointments
Hours of Operation
- Monday 8:30 am- 5pm (clinic is usually full by 1pm)
- Tuesday 8:30 am - 7pm (clinic is usually full by 1pm)
- Wednesday 8:30 am- 5 pm (clinic is usually full by 1pm)
- Thursday 8:30 am- 7 pm (clinic is usually full by 1pm)
- Friday 8:30 am- 5 pm (clinic is usually full by 1pm)
- We do our best to provide Same-Day visits for all walk-in patients.
- Walk-In Appointments Available? Walk-in for chronic and acute care clinics, may have to wait for next available or be asked to return for later appointment. We recommend checking in at 8:30 am for a Same Day appointment.
- Wait Time To Be Seen
- Walk-in for chronic and acute care clinics, may have to wait for next available or be asked to return for later appointment. We recommend checking in at 8:30 am for a Same Day appointment. Not all patients may be seen if clinic is full.
Specific Services Available
Medical Service Types
- Acute Care
- Chronic Care
- Birth Control
- Flu Shot
- Physical Exam
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (test or treatment)
- Women's Health
- Chinese Medicine
- Laboratory Tests
- Mental Health
- STI Screening
- Wound Care
- Transgender Medical Clinic
- Injection Drug Users (IDU) Services. Syringe Exchange, HIV and Hep C testing. Health Education.
- Project Erase: Tattoo Removal Clinics by appointment only and available to gang-involved, domestic violence, jail/prison tattoos, street life tattoos, and low income clients. Application required to be accepted to program. Call 503-535-3902 for application or information.
Chronic Disease Treatment
- Gland Disorder
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Disease
- On-going Skin Condition
- Cardiovascular disease
- Interpretive services
- OHP Enrollment
- Pharmaceutical Assistance
- Referral Resources
- Social Services Food, Housing & Employment Services for Homeless Youth
For outreach locations and times, please call 503-535-3860.